The tribute salutes David Bowie’s masterpiece of Sturm und Drag, on which he introduced the world to the leper Messiah from outer space, Ziggy Stardust. Featuring a live band ripping through the hits like a stiletto caught on satin flares, this is an unforgettable night of stories, spoken word and songs in celebration of a starman surely even Richard Dawkins believes in.
MC, Michael Nolan, will explore the lesser known facts and anecdotes about the album, while the Liner Notes house-band will metamorphose on the night, this time in guise as the Spiders from Mars.
A total blam-blam, we trust you'll agree. Our special guests are preparing to respond to the lyrics, themes or title of their allocated track.
1. 'Five Years' - Yana Alana
2. 'Soul Love' - Omar Musa & Luka Lesson
3. 'Moonage Daydream' - Sean M Whelan
4. 'Starman' - Mick Harvey
5. 'It Ain't Easy' - Maxine Beneba Clarke
6. 'Lady Stardust' - Andy Griffiths
7. 'Hang On To Yourself' - Erik Jensen
8. 'Ziggy Stardust' - Angie Hart
9. 'Suffragette City' - Hannah Gadsby
10. 'Rock 'N' Roll Suicide' - Emilie Zoey Baker
We can’t wait to dust off our red mullet wigs and our highest platform soles - until then, freakout in a moonage daydream. Oh yeah.
Talks & Performances
One of Melbourne's best-loved spoken word events stages a tribute to a classic Bowie album, song by song. A stellar line-up of writers, musicians and poets explore their personal connection to the glam ham of wham, bam and thank-you-ma’am.