Access a wealth of Australian and international moving image materials spanning screen culture history.
You can view:
- On-demand digital films
- Highlights from over 100 years of Australian and international film
- Australian television programs
- Video artworks
- Student and community-made short films
- Film stills and publicity materials
The Mediatheque is located next to the ACMI Shop and is open to everyone.
- General visitors » Monday to Sunday, 12 noon - 5pm
- Researcher and education bookings by appointment - call (03) 8663 2255
- Digital View-on-Demand » immediate viewing » free
- DVD and VHS » same day viewing » free
- 16mm, 35mm, audio and all other titles » pre-order required » some fees may apply
Please note: proof of age may be required, as only age-appropriate material is made available to younger users
The Australian Mediatheque is suitable for visitors with special access requirements. There are several dedicated viewing booths that are fully wheelchair accessible. For more information on how to get to ACMI and transport links, please see our visiting information.
An ongoing collaboration between ACMI and NFSA, Australia's premier moving image collections
12pm - 5pm Daily
This screen culture resource centre provides access to a wealth of audio and video content from the collections of ACMI and the National Film and Sound Archive. From early footage of the Melbourne Cup and the landmark The Story of the Kelly Gang to award-winning animation and shorts, you can access moving image content for research, learning and entertainment.
Admission to the Mediatheque is free.