Welcome to the ACMI Websites. ACMI Websites are operated and presented to users by the Australian Centre for the Moving Image ("ACMI").
1. Access to ACMI Websites
You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of an ACMI Website or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Site Content or enforce limitations on use of the ACMI Website or the Site Content on the ACMI Website.
2. Variations to ACMI sites
ACMI may change the Site Content on, and access to, any ACMI site, without notice.
Use of an ACMI Website after the changes become effective will be taken as acceptance of the changes.
Copyright, Intellectual Property Rights and other proprietary rights in Site Content presented on ACMI Websites and other websites as authorised by ACMI from time to time, is either owned by the Australian Centre for the Moving Image (ACMI) or may be owned by individuals and entities other than ACMI and used under licence.
"Site Content" means all material found on ACMI sites whether contributed by ACMI or individuals or entities other than ACMI. Site Content may include text, data, images, audio, video, databases, design, codes, software, trademarks, and any other works or subject matter in which copyright, intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights subsist or may subsist.
Except for the purposes and uses permitted pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) or if the ACMI Website provides otherwise in its licence section, you may only reproduce, adapt, modify, communicate to the public, or otherwise use any part of an ACMI Website (in particular for commercial purposes) with written permission from ACMI. Any use or referral of Site Content from ACMI Websites must include full and proper acknowledgement.
The licenses for the ACMI Generator site allow you to download, display, print, reproduce and sometimes remix the content in whole or in part for educational purposes, non-commercial research or study. If using the Generator site for educational purposes CAL (Copyright Agency Limited) fees are exempted.
ACMI will not be liable for any loss, claims or damages whatsoever including special, indirect or consequential damages as a result of text, content or images produced as a result of any User repurposing third party content from ACMI Websites. ACMI has made its best efforts to ensure that Site Content, in which copyright belongs to others, has been reproduced on ACMI Websites with the consent of the copyright owners.
Please address enquiries and requests for permission to the attention of the Licensing and Governance Officer by mail:
Licensing & Governance Officer
PO Box 14
Flinders Lane VIC 8009
4. No Warranty
ACMI provides the content and material on ACMI Websites for information purposes only. ACMI makes no warranty or representation in relation to:
- the accuracy or authenticity of the content or material on this site;
- the functionality or operation of this site or the features contained in it;
- the material on this site or any linked site being free from viruses or defects, or that access to this site will be uninterrupted; and
- the use of any material appearing on this site not infringing the rights of third parties.
ACMI is not responsible for any loss or damage you may incur as a result of your use of ACMI Websites or the information and material contained on ACMI Websites. To the extent permitted by law, ACMI is not responsible or liable for any material or contributions made to ACMI Websites by third parties.
ACMI disclaims all responsibility for any data charges incurred as a result of accessing ACMI Websites through any device.
5. Access to ACMI Websites by Children
Some Site Content on ACMI Website may contain language or images which are unsuitable for viewing by children.
- Children under 18 must not access any ACMI Website Forum unless supervised by an adult.
ACMI accepts no responsibility for any exposure of children to inappropriate material contained within the Site Content.
6. Forum Rules
ACMI Websites provide Forums to facilitate communication between its users. A Forum ("Forum") is any ACMI Website that allows users to either add text, video, images, comments, tags or any combination of those ("Forum Communication"). The opinions expressed in the forums are not necessarily those of ACMI. ACMI is not responsible for and cannot warrant the accuracy of any information contained in any Forum.
- ACMI will moderate each forum and may edit, remove or not publish (at its sole discretion) any Forum Communication. Examples of Inappropriate Forum Communication includes, but is not limited, to Forum Communications that are:
- a/ Defamatory or otherwise unlawful, or violating any laws regarding harassment, discrimination, racial vilification, privacy or contempt;
- b/ Abusive, offensive or obscene;
- c/ Deliberate provocation of other ACMI Website users;
- d/ Compromising your privacy, the privacy of other users or of ACMI staff, or containing inappropriate personal information;
- e/ An infringement of intellectual property rights or copyright;
- f/ Intentionally false or misleading;
- g/ Seeking to endorse or promote commercial products, services or activities (unless ACMI considers them to be a genuine comment); or
- h/ Where the site requires registration, a posting made on behalf of a user whose registration has been terminated or suspended. This may lead to you also having your registration terminated.
("Inappropriate Forum Communication")
- Each Forum will be updated by ACMI regularly, but there may be some delay in posting your contribution.
- ACMI may make complaints or institute proceedings in relation to repeated submissions of Inappropriate Forum Communications.
- Contributions to any forum must not exceed any prescribed limits.
- Unless the ACMI Website states otherwise, you agree that ACMI may publish and authorise others to publish your contributions to any site, including third party sites, in all media throughout the world in perpetuity and without any payment to you.
- You will be solely responsible for all contributions made by you to any Forum. You indemnify ACMI, and any sub-licensee of ACMI, against any loss, damage, cost or expense suffered or incurred as a result of or arising from your publication or use of any contribution to a Forum.
7. Display and User Names
ACMI may refuse to register login or display / user names it considers inappropriate. Login or display / usernames that contain obscenity, abuse, defamatory content, copyright infringement or brand names or registered trade marks may not be accepted.
8. Links To and From This Site
ACMI Websites include links to other sites, including those operated by other Government bodies, non-Government organisations and individuals.
Each linked site has its own terms and conditions of use, and you must ensure that you comply with them.
Each link to another site is provided by ACMI for assistance only. In providing those links, ACMI does not endorse or make any representation or warranty regarding the products, services or information available via any linked site, or in respect of the owner or operator of that site.
ACMI is not responsible for any loss or damage arising from your use of or access to any linked site.
The ACMI Privacy Statement is available here. Please contact the ACMI Privacy Officer for access, correction and any further privacy information by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning ACMI Reception on (03) 8663 2200.
10. Further Information
"ACMI Website" means any website on the acmi.net.au domain
"Forum" & "Forum Communications" are defined in clause 7
"Inappropriate Forum Communications" Are defined in clause 7(a)
"Site Content" means all material found on ACMI sites whether contributed by ACMI or individuals or entities other than ACMI.
"Intellectual Property Rights" means any and all intellectual and industrial property rights throughout the world including rights in respect of, or in connection with:
- any confidential information;
- copyright (including future copyright and rights in the nature of, or analogous to, copyright);
- performers' protection;
- Moral Rights;
- inventions (including patents);
- trade marks;
- service marks;
- designs; and
- circuit layouts,
whether or not now existing and whether or not registered or registrable and includes any right to apply for the registration of such rights and includes all renewals and extensions.
What is ACMI Connect?
ACMI Connect is a single login for all of ACMI's online media, learning sites and projects. We know that you are often frustrated by having to remember many username and password combinations. ACMI Connect aims to minimise that problem when you are engaging with ACMI online.
You can currently use your ACMI Connect identity to sign in to:
Some ACMI services do not support ACMI Connect.
ACMI Connect is not designed to be used with specific ACMI services such as ticketing, e-news subscriptions, membership or e-commerce functions. Other usernames and passwords must be maintained for these services; for more detail, please refer to instructions for that service.
Signing Up with ACMI Connect
In order to access some features, you must register or sign in. Once you have created an ACMI Connect identity, you can use that same username and password to immediately access any other site in the ACMI Connect family.
You can create an ACMI Connect identity from any site - there is no central place you need to go to manage your details, create, edit or delete your identity.
You were here first! That means you do not need to create a new identity for new projects or sites. Use your existing username and password if you choose to access ACMI's other projects and sites.
ACMI values your privacy, and ACMI Connect abides by our Privacy Statement
How does this relate to your Customer Database?
ACMI maintains a database of customer information in order to keep you up to date with its programs. This is used for printed mail as well as email. You will only be added to this database if you agreed to it during your original ACMI Connect signup. If you no longer want to receive this kind of communication log into your Account to update your Mailing Preferences.
Can I opt-out?
You can opt out from ACMI Connect at any time. Sign in to any ACMI project site and use the user management tools to delete your account. Depending on the specific service, it may not automatically delete all publicly visible content attributed to you. If particular content is of concern let us know and we will endeavour to remove it.
Why are there still different sign ins?
Ticketing and other commercial ACMI services involve credit cards and financial data. We did not want that mixed up with your video, images, stories, tags and comments. We do take the security of all user data equally seriously.
If you need more information about ACMI Connect please contact us.